For the first time ever, researchers can use Ramona’s technology to capture the behavior and neural activity of multiple freely-moving organisms at cellular-scale resolution. With our microscopes, you can conduct previously impossible research and make more insightful decisions faster.
Zebrafish: A True Snapshot in Time
By capturing more pixels per snapshot than any existing microscope, our technology opens up new possibilities for the study of model organisms like the zebrafish to inform our understanding of development, biological processes and the brain. Our gigapixel microscope unlocks 50x higher resolution video over an entire well plate (80 x 120 mm) to accelerate screening assays, and our image analysis software allows users to define what’s important for their workflows and filter out the rest.
- Track movement of multiple targets and record organism behavior at cellular detail over an 80 x 120 mm field of view.
- Capture fluorescence video over an entire plate or petri dish to monitor neuronal activity and accelerate genetic screening of multiple moving zebrafish.
- Automate assays such as photomotor response, heartbeat, and, vibrational startle for reproducibility across experiments.
- Acquire and process synchronous video to reduce bias and increase throughput with plate-based workflows.
The Multi-Camera Array Microscope (MCAM™)
- Made to Lastno plastic; aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Thermal Monitoringautomated temperature reporting, integration of environmental control modules
- Compact and Powerfuldesktop microscope; preserves valuable lab space
- Python API + Triggeringseamlessly integrate with peripheral equipment
- 24-hour Supportemail and phone response guaranteed within 24-hours
- Download spec sheet
What You Can Expect From the MCAM™
Our development partners are advancing science every day.Our development partners are advancing science every day, faster than ever.
The Tanguay Lab + Ramona
“We've been very impressed with the robustness of the MCAM platform and the quality of the data that it delivers. My lab uses the system everyday to streamline our well-plate based workflow - it has become a critical tool for us.”
Dr. Robyn L. Tanguay, PhD
Distinguished Professor in the Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Director of the Superfund Research Program, Oregon State University
Under the direction of Dr. Tanguay, scientists at the world's largest zebrafish toxicology facility use Ramona’s MCAM technology every day to quickly obtain reliable, quality data. At Ramona, we pride ourselves on building powerful tools that work day in and day out.
The Naumann Lab + Ramona
“Working with the MCAM and Ramona team is helping push my research to new limits. The technology is allowing us to study macro level natural behavior and cellular level neural activity in the same experiment.”
Dr. Eva Naumann, PhD
Assistant Professor of Neurobiology, Duke University
Ramona breaks the tradeoff between field-of-view and resolution to enable the Naumann Lab to study the neural basis of social behavior. By capturing the brain activity and dynamics of interacting organisms we can shift away from constrained studies — where subjects are effectively confined to straitjackets — to help scientists elucidate unbiased information.
The Yoder Lab + Ramona
“We are excited about increasing throughput and statistical confidence for common assays in the zebrafish community by leveraging the high resolution data from the MCAM and automated image analysis software developed by Ramona.”
Dr. Jeffrey Yoder, PhD
Professor of Innate Immunology, North Carolina State University
Ramona is working with the Yoder Lab to improve the efficiency and accuracy of chemical and genetic screens. With MCAM system automates the processing of high-resolution video to assess physiology, morphology, and imunnology of up to a hundred organisms simultanously. We are eager to help accelerate discovery by automating tedious measurements across rich and diverse datasets.
Learn more about how people are using the MCAM to unlock new workflows in the modern biology lab and beyond.Visit Our Blog
Let us help build your ultimate microscopy toolkit.See dynamic systems like never before. Build your ultimate microscopy toolset today.Contact us